no drives detected in recovery

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dpaulak, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dpaulak

dpaulak Registered Member

hello again all, am doing a dry run with the recovery option in ti10 when using recovery disk/recovery manager i recieve text messages rite after this message.. "loading, pleasewait..." screen.

hda: lost interrupt
    hda: lost interrupt
    hdc: lost interrupt
    hdc: lost interrupt

by then i just reboot, attempted to use the recovery in the windows enviroment and clicked on the secure zone.. then i recieve this message.. "failed to read from the sector 75,023,613 of the hard disk 2" i have ti10 verify my image in the secure zone..which it does, all my local drives are displayed, can create images.if any of you folks have a suggestion on this, it would be much appreciated.thanks

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Would you by any chance have any wireless devices on multiple usb devices on that system?

3. dpaulak

dpaulak Registered Member

wireless is logi mouse...usb devices are a HD..dvd/cd..4port usb hub, i disconnected the usb devices, and swapped out wireless mouse for a corded ps2..same issue occurs..

4. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Wireless devices and many usb devices on hubs were things that sometimes made previous versions not work right. Ver. 10 obviously has its own set of problems. Is it possible to do another backup image on to a usb drive and see if the same thing happens? I'm just grasping at straws here.

5. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

May also be worth running checkdisk, just incase there is a problem there and Acronis is going into a loop.

Colin

6. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

As Bodgy has suggested it is worthwhile to run CHKDSK R . Do this for all your local drives and see what if any errors show up. The results for C drive can be found after the reboot in the Event Viewer, under Application, LOGON.
    Unfortunately CHKDSK will not run on the Secure Zone. Where is this zone located ? If it is on the same spindle as C drive you might consider the advantage of deleting it and setting it up on a separate internal drive, this would mean that any existing secure zone images would be lost.
    The status of the secure zone area can be examined by using the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic software. If any repairs are done the backup image may suffer!

My guess is that there has been some corruption of the True Image installation and this has also spoiled the rescue CD.

Whatever the results of the disk health checks you should burn a fresh recovery CD, preferably after reinstalling a new download of TI.

Xpilot

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dpaulak,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

As for the second issue please download the latest version of Acronis drivers (these drivers for Acronis True Image 10.0 Home only), install it and see if the problem still persists.

If the issue persists, please do the following:

- Download SnapAPI.dll

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the downloaded one

- Reproduce the issue and collect the log file.

The log file will be created on the C:\ partition. The name of this file will be snapapi[date-time].log

Also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

8. Wiedermann

Wiedermann Registered Member

This is a similar thread to:
    No hard drives detected
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=146238

On this other thread I have read and watched the thread for several days now. I have a computer with SATA drives and as previously posted, the recovery Acronis boot discs do not detect a hard drive when you run the recovery.

Creating an Image and storing it in a separate USB Drive is not a problem.

Problem lies when I have tested, and as previoulsy posted with presice details, once I bring Acronis from the boot discs, it simply doesn't find the computers SATA drive (as posted, it only detects the USB drive where the image is stored and attempts to restore the image back onto the same USB drive which does not work to restore and recover the Windows Image)

For what I have seen so far, the problem is not the harware directly, though the problem lies with Acronis not beeing able to recognioze the SATA hard drive on the machine, thus making is a Acronis software related problem.

I have used succesfully the same version of Acronis on another machine I have which use normal PATA Hard drives, and on the other machines (all my machines are laptops) which have removable hard drives, I used the "Disk Clone" from Acronis and have created on PATA drives without problem replicas of the image which have tested and worked succesfully without problem

On the machine with the problem in question, the Machine has a Fixed SATA drive, so Disk clone unfortunately is not an option.

I have Acronis 8.0 (Build 937). Have downloaded the "updates" and installed pretty much everything that I have read on information from the help files, from this forum, however, the result is the same: SATA Drives are not detected during restore.

I've contacted Acronis Support through their website and alerted by their message that if you submit a duplicate ticket, you risk to move your problem to the bottom of th queue, well?... I have waited and waited and going for over than 2 weeks on waiting, I see no action taken from Acronis support.

Does anyone have Acronis Help Desk Support Telephone number to call?

Thanks

Wiedermann

9. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi Wiedermann,

I think you might find that to get SATA support you need to upgrade to V10. For me, my SATA drive was not recognised until the very last build of V9.

F.

10. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

For what its worth, I have a Seagate SATA ST3120026AS since June 1993 and V8 has always recognized it from inside the Recovery CD and inside Windows XP-Pro.

I upgraded to V9 in April (06) and all versions of V9 recognized that SATA drive. I just upgraded to a Seagate 320G (SATA ST3320620AS) as a data drive and V9 (3666) recognized it without any difficulty--from both inside XP-Pro and from inside the Acronis Recovery CD. MY Motherboard is a 3yrd old DFI LanParty Pro 875 with a July 93 Bios.

11. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Hi GroverH

thanks for balancing my post. The SATA SAGA seems to be a bit hit and miss. For my SATA2 WDC2500 drive, b3633 (May 06 I think) did not work, especially from Linux, but the latest one (b3677) is fixed for it. Having said that, there are still forum participants who have SATA related issues with b3677.

I'm not sure if the problem is exacerbated by SATA2 drives (rather than SATA).

F.

12. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

I have two internal SATA drives and one SATA-II in an external enclosure. All Seagate Barracudas.
    The machine is a desktop HP dx6120 with XP Pro PS2.
    No problem running TI9 build 3567.

13. Wiedermann

Wiedermann Registered Member

I appreciate very much the input from everyone. I had seen as posted on the thread, other machines with SATA drives running older versions of True Image without a problem.

In my particular case, I have plenty laptops with PATA drives where True Image version 8 run without a problem (on those machines with PATA drives, I used for all the "Clone Disk" option as all machines have removable hard drives).

Only with a machine which has a fixed SATA drive True Image simply doesn't work (Back Up strategy on this machine is with Image Back Up rather than Clone Disk).

Updating True Image v8 to the latest build, running every single advice from the help sections, etc did not have a positive result.

The ONLY way to get True Image to recognize the SATA drive is as mentioned to get a new product v10 or higher.

With version 10 the recovery was possible on the machine with SATA drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.