No definition updates after clean install (2.70.32)

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Frits3995, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frits3995

Frits3995 Registered Member

I have installed NOD32 2.70.32 but it keeps telling me that updates are not necessary. The virus definitions are from the beginning of February 2007. What is going wrong?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Frits3995, welcome to Wilders.

Paid version or Trial version?

Cheers :D

3. Frits3995

You are fast. ;)

I did a clean install of Windows XP. But before I started I have made a Ghost image backup. That Ghost image (from 4 days ago) I have restored now with definition file 2142. Also this one does not update anymore. Could there be a problem with the update server from Eset? Can anyone confrm the update problems?

(It is the trial version.)

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6625/nod32kn2.th.jpg

4. Pnds

Pnds Registered Member

Hi Frits!

I saw that problem once a long time ago. In the update preferences choose manual an update server while the update progress goint to sucessfull. (not automatically choose).

best regards,
    Pano

5. Frits3995

Hi Pano,

I have tried that but it didn't work. I just have asked some MSN friends who use NOD to manually update and they also get the message that "No update is necessary". Strange isn't it?

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Are you using a paid version or trial ?

7. theeye3

theeye3 Registered Member

i installed yesterday also a german trial 2.70.32 version and it is not possible to update.

8. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Confirmed. My wife had the trial version which didn't update automatically or manually since 27/3/07 (Sig. no. 2145). Always the "No update is necessary" message. Anyway, this was my ''prompt" so to speak, to upgrade to the paid version a few hours ago ( via the trial versions upgrade button ). All went well and after the upgrade she has sig. no. 2154. Let's see now whether the automatic updates work. I say let's see because with my paid version the auto updates seemed to have taken an extended lunch break, sitting on 2152, until I got impatient and did a manual update, which worked. So it does seem that there was recently a small problem with the servers, as borne out by this thread.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  9. penny

penny Registered Member

I was told NOD32 was a good AV for my old (real old) P233 that can hardley run Windows 98.

A week ago now I downloaded the trail.
    It was running great. UNTILL the 27th.(22 days left on the trial) No more update. Same problem as others are talking about. YOUR VERSION OF NOD32 IS UP TO DATE. NO UPDATE NECESSARY.

So I contatced NOD via email support.[support-us@eset.com]

I was told to do the following;

1. Click on Start...Programs...Eset...Uninstall
    2. Follow the prompts to uninstall NOD32 and then reboot your computer to complete uninstallation.
    3. Once your computer has come back up, use the "My Computer" explorer(found on your desktop or start menu) to locate and delete the c:\\program files\eset\ folder (delete the entire eset folder -- only the eset folder, not the program files folder!)

You are now ready to download and reinstall your NOD32. trial, which will download the latest update.
    If you encounter any problems during this process, please let us know and we'll be happy to assist you.

I did this and now I am having more problems.
    I went from the March 27th virus database 2148 to 2047 that I think is from sometime in FEB.
    A big gap.

SAME ERROR
    YOUR VERSION OF NOD32 IS UP TO DATE. NO UPDATE NECESSARY.

Any help would be great. It is the trial. 30 days left because I did as advised above.

10. Frits3995

The problem is solved. NOD was just updated to 2154.

11. penny

penny Registered Member

Not updated here. TRIAL version on WIN98. Still stuck with FEB. updates after a clean install as suggested by contacting ESET.

I can only hope that it is a server problem (pinging them shows they are ok) and it gets sorted out soon.

I was just getting to like NOD32 very much. But if problems with updates are going to happen often, I may have to look elsewhere.

:(

12. theeye3

theeye3 Registered Member

i try server u34 manuel few times and it is updating

13. ASpace

ASpace Guest

14. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Already answered in post number 4 HERE

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.