'No default mail client' error for manual scan

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by NevadaBadBoy, Jul 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NevadaBadBoy

NevadaBadBoy Registered Member

I just upgraded to NOD32 v2.0 and strange things are going on when I manually invoke a virus scan on any file.
    If I right click on a file in explorer and scroll up to NOD 32 Antivirus System, a Microsoft Outlook error message pops up and claims 'Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run MS Outlook and set it as the default mail client.'
    I have MS OL2K installed but it is not my email software. Eudora is my main email software. I only use OL2K as a contact list for my cell phone.
    NOD32 will load after I click the OK button in the Outlook Error message. It will scan the file and everything works as normal.
    If I scan another file shortly afterward, NOD 32 will load with no errors. If I wait more than 10 mins, I get the same error message again.

Any idea how to get rid of that annoyance?

I uninstalled NOD32 v2.0, rebooted and reinstalled it, but the error message persists.

Thanks,

Martin

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi NevadaBadBoy,

Welcome at Wilders. :)

Could you see if this solves your problem?
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=10418

Regards,

Pieter

3. NevadaBadBoy

NevadaBadBoy Registered Member

Hi Pieter.
    Thanks for the link.
    I disabled the 'Use MAPI I'face' and sure enough, the error message went away.

Thank you for your help.

Martin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.