No daily update

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by dvk01, Feb 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

Yjere has been no update since Thursday 12th Feb 2004

Is it my blasted ISP cache server again or haven't we sent enough new trojans to make it worthwhile having an update o_O :D

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

3. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

I don't think it's that because the website says last update Thursday 12th February 2004 and no amount of refreshing changes it

4. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

I've just managed to get an update by changing my proxy settings and bypassing NTL's blasted inline proxy

but TDS web page still says last updated 12th FEB
    Must be an oversight on their part

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

All I can do is show you this:
    Note: I am NTL Guildford area so it is strange :)

Attached Files:

6. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

Mine says the same update details now but TDs home page
    http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/

says last update Thursday 12th Feb

I am NTL Poplar London Area connection and the web proxies for that are always behind

7. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

I had to manually update mine. It kept telling me that I had the latest update and kept aborting.

8. CatThief

CatThief Registered Member

I'm having problems, too. Last week I posted about this and was instructed to manually download the database update, place it into the TDS-3 folder, then run the auto-updater from within the program. That all worked fine, except when I ran the auto-updater it changed everything back to the way it was before.

Today I repeated the process - downloaded a new radius.td3, placed it into the TDS-3 folder, and when I restarted the program this is what displayed:

[31844 references - 11459 primaries/9097 traces/11288 variants/other]

but when I ran the auto-updater, everything went back to the way it was before which is this:

[31537 references - 11301 primaries/9015 traces/11221 variants/other]

I just can't seem to get out of this loop of the database reverting back to an older version. Short of reinstalling the program, does anyone have any suggestions?
    o_O

9. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi CatThief,

TDS will try to autoupdate on Monday and (I believe) Friday. Once it does it it will not try to reattempt an autoupdate. So if you do a manual update/overwrite now you should be good to go til Friday. I am sure they will have the issue resolved well before then.

Hope this helps

10. CatThief

I apologize for being confusing... I use the updater within the program, but I don't have the program initiating updates automatically. The problem is with the program reverting back to the previous database if I use the program's updater after a manual update - after reverting, it tells me on subsequent checks that everything is up to date when in fact it isn't.

Anyhow, since I know I have the current database (manually installed), I'll just sit back until Friday and keep checking here to see if a bug is discovered somewhere.

11. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

Catthief

As far as i can find out, it's not a TDS fault with the update using an oldder version, it only happens with certain ISPs who maintain an invisible inline proxy/cache server.

When you request a file if it's in the ISP server it delivers it rather than going to the files origin. The only way around it seems to be to use a different proxy server so the inline proxy is bypassed, That is what I have to keep doing with my NTL conection and it varies from week to week which proxy works best

It's a pain, but it's not TDS at fault but your ISP trying to save a few pennies and delivering out of date content

12. CatThief

I didn't know Comcast did that. Odd how it never showed up until now. :rolleyes:

13. Shelb

Shelb Registered Member

this has been happing to me this week as well. I have to manually update to get the new definitions. With autoupdate it keeps reverting back to an old set. I shall have to complain to my isp...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.