No context menu in start menu?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by MikeBCda, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

For years, I've favored desktop shortcuts (grouped into appropriate folders, to save space) over using the start menu. And I've tried to keep the latter "lean and mean" by deleting all listings a new installation might add except for Uninstall, which frequently (and irrationally) does a cleaner job than Add-Remove.

For several months now, I've gotten no right-click context menu in the start menu to permit easy house-cleaning. Context menus work just fine everywhere else. If it makes a difference, I've always had my start menu set for "classic" layout and appearance, and critical updates are right up to date.

Not a big deal, since I can still do it via Win Explorer in Docs & Settings, but any guesses as to why the problem, and how to get my relatively easy method back?

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Thanks a lot, Ron. I haven't a clue why or how the Drag & Drop setting is related to this problem, but it worked. :)

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Good deal Mike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.