No Configuration File Found

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by pjiv, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjiv

pjiv Registered Member

I got this when I turned on my machine this morning. What a shocker. I booted the restore disks, and repaired the OS selector, and reactivated it, and all is well. But what caused this in the first place?

I defragmented my C drive yesterday, and this was the first reboot since then. Anyone run into this before. I have no errors on my drives that I'm aware of. Chkdsk finds none anyhow. Win XP Pro SP2.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I get this occasionally, often after a program that upgrades in the background has run - such as Adobe Reader upgrader - and requires a reboot.

Sometimes after TI9 has run the next reboot comes up with either 'no system disks' or 'No configuration file found'.

I've just got used to swearing loudly and keeping the boot CD to hand.

Colin

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pjiv,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please be aware that after you have defragmented your hard drive your partition table was changed and Acronis OS Selector fails to detect its system configuration files. So if you encounter such a problem you can solve it by using one of the following workarounds:

- Re-activate Acronis OS Selector booting from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media. Please take a look at the section 8.1.1 of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 User's Guide.

- Repair the Master Boot Record of your hard drive as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

4. pjiv

pjiv Registered Member

Good to know. Is this pointed out in the manual? This is a big FAQ issue, that's not in the FAQ's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.