No CD Rom found

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Roli, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roli

Roli Registered Member

I have a new PC based on the Asus P5B Motherboard.

My only CD ROM (DVD-Burner) is conectet to the jamicron controler by parallel IDE. I could boot Acronis True Immage (Build 9.0.3694_s_de) from this CD-Rom (emergency CD) but the CD-Rom icon isn´t displayd after this. So i could not load Immages from my Backup DVDs!
    (it looks like a driver problem, same like by older Linux Kernals):'(

Will there be a Update for the Version 9.x in the futureo_O?
    Does ther 10.x version support the jamicron controler on modern Motherboardso_O?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I doubt that the expected upgrade for v9 will include support for the Micron core duo controller.

With V10 on the other hand, Acronis have said that this driver problem will be resolved in the next build.

Acronis might be able to send you an ISO with the updated drivers if you email support. Others have posted here that with their systems they can disable the controller in BIOS and the rescue CD will work. Of course this may become a problem for your harddrives.

I would have thought that if the Windows drivers are available then a BartPe boot CD would solve the problem.

Colin

3. Roli

Roli Registered Member

It is not a Porblem of my HD, my single Samsung HD on the ICH8 Chip is working well.
    The only problem is the use of my CDRW on the ATAPI Connector (i havn't a SATA CD-Rom). In this Configuration i must use this CD-Rom for boot with the Recovery CD, but the only one ATAPI-Connector on the Motherboard is managed by the JMicron controller.

So i testet the True Immage 10 form the german homepage. The full version crashes during the boot with kernal error!

In this way Acronis offers no official sollution for this at the moment. Next I will try to contact the support. But I ferar the support couldn't help me. Mostly you get no anwer, so you have to wait for a new relaease!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.