No boot to True Image from Rescue Media

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by snoopygarnet, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snoopygarnet

snoopygarnet Registered Member

I'm trying to check out trial versions of Acronis True Image Home and Workstation editions. I've build rescue cd's and floppies with both versions, but cannot boot with either. It gets to Starting Acronis Loader...and just sits there. Pressing F11 does nothing. I've read hundreds of posts in this forum and found nothing that helps. The computer boots from other bootable cd's and floppies (like Windows) just fine.
    Computer specs:
    Asrock 939 Dual SATA motherboard.
    4200+ dual core processor
    Main (boot) HDD Seagate 320 gb SATA II
    WD 200 & 250 gb IDE HD's
    Windows XP Pro

Installing ATI on another computer seems OK. I don't know what's happening with this one. o_O Does someone have any ideas how to fix this or should I look for an alternative to ATI?
    Thank you.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello snoopygarnet,

Not even being able to boot into the Acronis selection screen makes it very difficult to suggest what to do next. You will probably need to wait for Acronis Support to advise you on this one.

Regards

3. wardell1

wardell1 Registered Member

Hello All-If anyone is using a cordless keyboard/mouse,,your Acronis bootable cd,SZ and F1-F12 keys are inoperative in Standard mode . Cordless keyboard/mouse manufactures need to address this problem. The solution for the time being is to install a wired keyboard/mouse to perform these operations. I have both the corded/noncorded devises installed and I am having no conflict.

4. snoopygarnet

Although I was using a cordless keyboard, I just tried a cord keyboard with no change in the result.

5. wardell1

Hello Snoopygarnet-I have not tried booting with the Acronis bootable cd via corded keyboard/mouse at this time. However,I can enter Setup. I will attempt to boot and respond to this thread to let you know how I made out. If both of us cannot boot via corded keyboard/mouse, changes are good that it is an Acronis problem. I will respond very soon.

6. snoopygarnet

Hi Wardell1 - Thanks for the response. It appears (but doesn't make total sense) to me that the issue is that the Acronis rescue disk doesn't have the required Jmicron SATAII driver that is required to boot my system as part of it's driver package. I could understand if it booted up with the rescue disk but couldn't see the SATAII HDD, but can't understand why it won't boot at all beyond Starting Acronis Loader...
    In any case, I built a new Bart PE disk, adding Acronis True Image as a plugin, along with adding the Jmicron driver in the driver package. (without the Jmicron driver added, True Image can't see the SATAII HDD) I can now use True Image via Bart PE if I wish to. I guess this would be required only in emergency or to restore the operating system HDD/partition. Other processes could be done under Windows.
    For me the verdict on True Image is not in yet.

7. wardell1

Hello Snoppygarnet-I attempted to boot via the Acromis bootable cd using the cabled keyboard/mouse. My mouse is disabled and I cannot chose an option with the boot options displayed..I have not tried a PS2 connection with BIOS USB legancy support. I don't believe this applies to my case because I am not using a 98 OS. I hope we can get support on this problem soon. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.