no 30 days

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by jopa66, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jopa66

jopa66 Registered Member

Just installed the new Ewido v4.0. The first auto-update ran fine as well as the first scheduled scan. I then installed PestPatrol to compare and decided to keep Ewido. PestPatrol was uninstalled and the installation file deleted (so I don't know what version). Now Ewido has reverted to the FREE version. I do plan on buying a license anyway, but how can I reactivate the 30 day trial?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

the best way would be to contact support, explain your situation, and ask for 30-day license key.

3. Suggers

Suggers Guest

Hi jopa66

Unfortunately you can't reactivate the 30-day trial once you have lost it (this happened to me), and ewido no longer provide a "trial" license key, so the only way to obtain full features now would be to purchase the full version of ewido.

Regards,
    Suggers

4. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

It has became a common issue of new trial users.

I would suggest that:

(1) Either Ewido staff confirm the 30 days trial problem and make it a known issue sticky (or maybe confirm that it is by design and make it a sticky), OR

(2) Solve the problem by modifying the program code or to provide a 30 days trial key

5. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Normally, it should only revert to free if you uninstall and reinstall ewido again - did you do something like that?

6. Suggers

Suggers Guest

In my case I downloaded trial but it only showed 18 days instead of 30, so I contacted ewido support and was told to do a full uninstall, including deleting the folder in program files, then reinstall to fix this issue, but then it reverted to free when I reinstalled.

Regards,
    Suggers

7. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Hmm, when did this happen? Some time ago there was a setup which had a bug which resulted in a shortened trial.

8. Suggers

Suggers Guest

Yeah it was a while back, 4th July was when I recieved first ewido email response/ticket number.

Regards,
    Suggers

9. jopa66

jopa66 Registered Member

Well, the "official" reply to my e-mail sent to support is:

"Dear User, thank you for your request. Sorry, but at the moment it is not possible to reactivate again an used trial version. Maybe in future we will find a solution for this problem."

I guess I really didn't expect much else and others have already expressed this opinion in regards to this problem. I did not do an uninstall/reinstall of Ewido. I do like Ewido and will continue to use it but, I will probably just keep the FREE version.

10. cr1t1cal

cr1t1cal Registered Member

uninstall it a download a program called registry crawler search for the word "ewido" delete all traces found and re install it should reset the 30 days.
    if it was simply a case of installing and uninstalling every thirty days i think most would revert to that instead of paying for it, i mean lets be honest there aint many ppl out there that like buying things if they know how to get em for free :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.