Nixory (Firefox only)

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by gerardwil, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

[SIZE=-1]Hi,

Nixory is a Python\PyGTK program. It protects the user from malicious data mining for the browser Mozilla Firefox. There are many kinds of data miners. The most common are malicious cookies (see next chapter) that slip from Internet web sites (Often from banners) to a 'Container' ,usually a file. Thanks to a fast and accurate scan, Nixory will find (if there are) tracking cookies and it will completely remove them. To install Nixory, you absolutely don't need to uninstall other anti-spyware, anti-virus, etc. applications because Nixory doesn't edit the system registry or a live process. In other words, Nixory wants to be a powerful, fast, multi-platform and opensource program that protects which is a mature and secure browser. It's released with GNU General Public License.

Anybody using this toy? And if so with what results?

http://nixory.sourceforge.net/OnLine_Manual-Wht.html

TIA,

Gerard
    [/SIZE]

2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

sounds interesting

3. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Dose sound good. As soon as I get my main PC up and running after a major rebuild I will give it a try. Right now I`m on my resource limited lap top running Opera.

4. dog

dog Guest

Since this thread was bump from March ... I ran it under linux, even though I don't really see the point of using it -- With Firefox's cookie controls there really isn't a need (using the only allow original site and setting the ask me prompt -- from there setting the allow, allow session or deny).

Regardless here's the gui (Screenshot) -- scans quickly (of course it's only scanning cookie.txt -- I couldn't update it (seems the server is down)

Regards

Attached Files:

5. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Thanks for the information dog. I think I will pass this one up as well after reading your post.

6. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

what if i only have cookies enabled for some sites and disabled for all others and have adblock?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.