NIS2009 free for 90 days...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by thathagat, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thathagat

thathagat Guest

2. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

Thanks for the link. I downloaded it and was surprised it was 103MB! That's about twice the size of the download when I tried it a while ago.

3. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

Thanks man... :)

4. pykko

pykko Registered Member

good one. thanks!

5. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

Thanks - trying it now.
    I won't keep it, however good it is, after the 90 days. There's free stuff out there just as good!
    I do love something for nothing, though. :D
    It seems to run pretty light on my laptop and a full scan (40 GB H.D.) took around 15 minutes.

6. webbit

webbit Registered Member

what free stuff do you recommend, i run an dual boot comp with vista my main use and i use xp to trial software.
    At the mo i have f secure trial version on. and was going to go with Norton for aa few months.
    There is threat fire out there is this any goond say mixed with avira free edition or avg, pc tools free fire wall, what do you reccomend for free protection and are they all as good a paid for protection

7. kwg

kwg Registered Member

I downloaded the trial version of Norton Antivirus cited above (I don't need the firewall), but I received only a 30-day license. Furthermore, Norton LiveUpdate refused to update through my network firewall. I'm going back to my current anti-virus application.

8. thathagat

thathagat Guest

only the norton internet security 2009 is for 90 days other products like nav2009/ nis2008 in the offer are just 30 day trials...

9. webbit

webbit Registered Member

seem good to me always avoided norton becuase it was system hog, but this seems really good, gonna try it for 90 days and put it through its paces, anyone know any good malware sites so i can test it out

10. Technic

Technic Registered Member

I can assure you, there is no any system hogging this time. NIS 2009 is awesome product. :argh:

11. webbit

webbit Registered Member

it does seem very good, i remember when norton system works came out was a real hog, but these anti virus companies should concetrate on just that not defragging ect.

12. Medank

Medank Registered Member

usualy it's for 30 day trial but NIS want's more people to be intrested in their product, and that's good because this year they really improved their product in anyway there is.
    :thumb:

13. webbit

webbit Registered Member

they really have this is the first time in 4 years i have tried it and im really impressed, when the 90 days are up i will certainlyly be looking at buying it, if all goes well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.