NIS2004 install problems

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by TerryF, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryF

TerryF Registered Member

Hi,
    I recently installed the XP SP2 pack. but then I decided to update NIS2002 to NIS2004, uninstalling the NIS2002 first. When I installed NIS2004 following the directions on the Symantec site, at first it seemed to set up ok, but when I started up the PC next day I found that the Auto Protect was not enabled and the email had an error. I looked on the Symantec website and they suggested uninstalling NIS2004 and reinstalling it, but when I tried to use the add/remove programs, I found that I was not logged in as a supervisor. I ended up using the instructions on the Norton website to do it by removing it from the registry and then deleting the software bit by bit. When I reinstalled the software I found out that the ccApp program was missing from the registry. I have managed to get it working by adding the ccApp program to the Start Programs, but I am wondering if there is a virus or spyware/malware causing the program not to work. I have run both NAV2004 and Trend Housecall and they say there is no virus. I have Spybot and Adaware and Spywareblaster installed and they say there is no problem, but I am still worried that there is something not quite right, I tried adding the ccApp line to the run program in the Registry as shown on another PC, but it seemed to be overwritten by something.
    Can anyone suggest why I might be having this problem. I have HiJackThis on the PC if required.

2. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

Could be because this bloated program is not compatible with another application in your PC. Note that you must now register version 2004. Stick to version 2002 if it was working well for you. You could also try Zone Alarm Pro with McAfee. McAfee is a better bug killer. ZA is lighter on your PC.

The newer Norton products are bloatware with zero support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.