NIS & NAV 2003

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Sol, Feb 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol

Sol Guest

I'm not sure which NIS/NAV 2003 components I should protect with PG (there's so many :doubt:), or what their settings should be. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me with this, thanks.

BTW, I'm using Windows XP SP1.

2. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Sol,
    Here is what I have protect on NIS 2004. NIS 2003 should be very similiar with the exception that you might find you do not have a couple of the modules that NIS 2004 has.

1. On all of the modules, be sure that the standard BLOCKs are installed....Write, SetInfo, Terminate, Suspend.

2. I have ALLOWED Write, SetInfo, Terminate, Suspend on all the modules just to assure that NIS is not interfered with during its multitude of modules jumping in and out of memory.

3. If the PG logging shows a need to provide Options of Global Hooks or Drivers/Services Installation, I would not hesitate to provide it on the affected modules.

Here are the modules:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\
    ccapp.exe
    ccevtmgr.exe
    ccproxy.exe
    ccpwdsvc.exe
    ccsetmgr.exe
    smnlnch.exe
    sndsrvc.exe

C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton Antivirus\
    savscan.exe
    navapw32.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\
    symlcsvc.exe

HTH

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Thanks for that information siliconman01 Have a weekend cookie :)
    Version 1.3 has a very nice and useful addition called "Save protection list" which includes all the Block, Allow etc. data for each listed application which can be saved as a .txt file :)

4. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Am looking forward to PG 1.3, very much. Sounds like some very neat/useful additions along with fixes.

I'll save the cookie until later today... too early for Gentleman Jack to wash it down! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.