NIS LiveUpdate Configuration

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by midway40, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

I need some help with the LU config screen. My setup is set at Interactive by default (see screenie below) which states that I select what updates are to be installed. But I do not get that option when LU updates, it does it silently like what Express Mode implies. I want the "silent" update anyway but according to the Interactive setup I shouldn't be getting it. I would like to see how other NIS users has LU configured.

Also what is Error Support Level? (w/options of OFF, NORMAL, ENHANCED)

Attached Files:

2. Abeltje

Abeltje Registered Member

I think this option applies only to update sessions started manually.

3. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

I think Abeltje is correct and the settings are for manual sessions. According to Symantec, LU is now fully integrated with NAV and NIS. I played with the settings and discovered if you have automatic live updates checked in the control panel in NIS 2008 for example, that it updates automatically no matter what the settings are in the LU program panel.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  4. midway40

I understand now, thanks for the replies :) . I am relatively a newbie in the world of Symantec but learning more each day.

5. sasa843

sasa843 Registered Member

Hi.

For sure, this option applies only for manual update sessions. If You like You can turn off automatic update and run always manual update but I can't recommend this.

6. midway40

Hi Sasa, I am going to leave Auto LU on. I was just investigating a bug I ran into with the notifications I mentioned in another thread. I had turned it on but didn't like the popups and turned it back off but still was getting notified. I had to reinstall NIS to fix it. I was looking into the LU control panel settings to see if it may had something to do with it.

For now I will just let it go as I like the setup as is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.