NIS 2012 Info Needed

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by khanyash, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

I tested Norton Internet Security 2012. I tested 2 ways i.e already downloaded malware in a folder & downloading malware through web using internet explorer.

When I download & run or save malware through Internet Explorer, NIS analyzes the files & gives verdict i.e the small analyzing window in the right hand corner.

But when I run the already locally saved malware in a folder, NIS doesn't analyzes them, this is by design or some prob here?

I thought download protection sonar was for web & file insight was for both web & local files but it doesn't seems so.

That means sonar & file insight are for web only & not local files i.e file insight too is for web only, right?

2. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

Was your internet connection switched on when you executed them? For me SONAR detected a virus when I tried to run a file from a CD.

3. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

OK I read Sonar is Norton's Behaviour Blocker so may be it didn't detected anything suspicious. And yes net was connected.

I specially want to know about the File Insight. While downloading & saving or executing file through web, File Insight automatically analyzes the concerned file. But no automatic analyze for local files, why? Though you can manually analyze the local files i.e rightclick File Insight.

4. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

The norton user guide shows download file insight (with the auto pop up) and file insight without it so i guess its designed that way?
    http://us.norton.com/products/tutorials/tutorials.jsp?pvid=n3604&tutid=file_insight

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.