NIS 2007 turns on file sharing and network discovery by default in Windows Vista

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Type R, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Type R

Type R Registered Member

I actually have a post over at DSLReports regarding my problem. However, since it turns out to be related to NIS 2007 instead of Windows Vista itself, I thought it would be more suitable for me to seek help on a firewall forum.

Long story short, network discovery and file sharing are both stuck in the ON mode in the Network and Sharing Center. My computer is directly connected to the Internet with no hardware firewalls or routers in between. I have configured my connection as a public network in Vista, so all forms of sharing should be OFF.

Well, with NIS 2007 running, file sharing and network discovery are both on, and I am unable to turn them off via the Network and Sharing Center. If I close down NIS 2007 and turn on Windows Firewall, all forms of sharing are all off, as they should be.

What do I have to do within NIS 2007 in order to turn both file sharing and network discovery off?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.