NIS 2007 Removal!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rookieman, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

I purchased a laptop a few months ago with this trial installed.It's up in a few days and i'm gonna install KisV 7.What is the proper procedure for running the removal tool?Shut down Norton and then run the tool?Has anyone here done this.:oops:

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

First uninstall NIS 2007 by using Add/Remove Programs then run the removal tool.

3. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

I would have to shut down Norton in the system tray before doing this?:oops:

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

That would be a good idea.

5. Abeltje

Abeltje Registered Member

You can just uninstall it from "add or remove programs". As far as I'm concerned it's not necessary to shut it down first. Then restart your computer and remove "live update" the same way.

The removal tool should normally not be necessary as 2007 and 2008 uninstall just fine. You should only use it if you encounter difficulties. My personal experience is that if you run the removal tool you can get into troubles when installing other AV's later on. For example Avira would not update for me then. Therefore I would suggest you'd be cautious with it.

6. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

Because of past problems and just to be sure, I used CCleaner to remove all start-up entries, and rebooted. Then used start-menu removal and rebooted again. I only used the removal tool after finding there were some things that I couldn't remove manually. All worked fine after that.

7. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

I have used this method to remove NIS: Add/Remove-->SymNRT-->CCleaner (registry cleaner). This should pretty much remove all traces of NIS on the computer.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2007
  8. interstate ron

interstate ron Registered Member

RegSupreme helps if you have access. Don has recommended it for removal of KIS also

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.