nimos (worm)Is it normal that it is inside Lsass?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zoorrozorrito, Mar 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am using an antitrojan, "troyan explore", and it says thay nimus worm is inside Lsass.exe. But it has not created any registry key, as norton or mcaffe say. I say this becauses I have searched very well in my registry, that's why I say that if it is normal for nimos to be inside this one. I have scaned with bit defender, virus chaser, e-scan, panda and these antivirus don't detect this worm.
    Is it a worm inside it?
    thanks for answering.

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Please submit the file for a free online check over here. In case it comes up clean, this looks like a false positive from your antitrojan; contact your antitrojan vendor pointing this issue out.

regards.

paul

3. zorrozorrito

zorrozorrito Guest

I have sibmitted the Isass.exe file, and kaspersky says there's nothing there, so that probably it is a false positive as you say, thanks a lot :D
    It was very strange that the antitrojan says it is nimos and it didn't created registry. I think you are right, thanks a lot

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

My pleasure ;). Please inform your antitrojan vendor.

regards.

paul

5. BigDaddy

BigDaddy Registered Member

Just to inform you guys... a new backdoor is spreading named ISASS.EXE (capitals and mind the I in stead of the L) which is putting your pc to sending mails.

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.