Nice touch NOD32

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by twl845, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Yesterday when I started my computer, my NOD icon turned orange and a pop up said something referring to the fact that my computer needed 21 Microsoft updates, and I should click the message. It seems that when I updated to IE8, the automatic updates at Microsoft couldn't access my IE8 because it was configured to access IE7. I went to the Microsoft update site, and it told me to download a file which fixed the incompatability, and I proceeded to install all the updates I needed. Way cool ESET.

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I didn't encounter your configuration problem when I upgraded to IE8, I guess because IE8 came to me as part of an express update from Windows update site. But thats still a nice eset feature although I dont't think they aren't the only ones doing it.

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

The Hammer, I didn't know I had a problem because I didn't notice that I wasn't getting Microsoft updates. I also got IE8 from the auto update site, but apparently that was the last one I got when I did the upgrade. Have you had any updates lately? o_O

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Yes I have. Everything is running like clock work.

5. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

All though I no longer use Nod32 or any AV, I mentioned this in a thread I started and some people bashed it to pieces.I said it before I will said it again its a good and handy feature.Kinda like a check engine oil light in a car if you physically check your oil, the light is usually not needed. If your foreget or neglect to and something is needed it can certainly get your attention.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.