Nice little browsing utility

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by jnibori, Aug 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jnibori

jnibori Registered Member

New to this forum, so I don't know if this has been around already, but it's definitely worth a look. I use it and love it.

http://www.geocities.com/closeiex/

2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Any chance of a brief summary, for those of us who avoid visiting www.popupcities.com? :)

3. jnibori

"Internet Explorer is a great way to... explore the Internet. But, if you stay on too long, eventually your screen is filled with pop-up ads and other annoyances. It's like those pesky Gremlins whenever they got wet. Instead of closing each window one at a time, try this quicker clicker. It will add a button to the toolbar menu in IE and enable you to close all instances of the browser at once, [OR leave just the instance you want]. It also kills those pop-unders which love to stick around. Everything is gone, and your sanity is still intact. The next time your browser is out of control, you'll wish you had this."

4. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Thanks for the description. However, I'm wondering how many times the same wheel can be reinvented... :)

5. jnibori

Really? This is actually one of the better, problem-free (free) utilities I have stumbled across. If there are better ones (which there well may be) I am always curious.

The funny thing is this; "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." Will I even learno_O??

6. Majorgeeks will not hurt you and you can find it here and at Dave's also. :D

http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=582

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.