Nice Incredibly Tall Tale

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Rickster, May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rickster

Rickster Guest

Grab your coffee…here's a nice tall (far fetched) story for you. Thirteen years ago in attendance with some former intelligence officers (not a former spook - lets just say "instructor")  the subject of our beloved NSA came up.  According to this source, in cooperation with Oracle - research was being conducted on chips that could (A) read data and transmit RF signal - or (B) compress data into a smooth RF signal - wasn't sure which. The chip would be indistinguishable from normal ones - except through electron microscope if stripped naked, where you would find a partial, but parallel architecture.  And something else involving split ports (two ports in one).  

Data, turned RF, travels in a ultra narrow frequency in what is described as imperceptible background RF radiation all electronic equipment emit.  To detect it, you would have to have frequency scanners and filters on a scale of what SETI uses to scan faint signals through the background radiation noise of the universe.  However, no problem for the crunch-boxes on a scale under development for Echelon at the time.  Once injected into the manufacturing supply chain - without their knowledge, future computers and possibly other communication components could be selectively - or technology permitting - collectively monitored.  There would be no defense against it.  The public and even system manufactures would never know.  I'd say he had one too many martini's.   Until I got back into computers and security - that goofy story only recently popped back.

Haven't brushed up on physics - anyone know if there's a basis for that theory?   He said if true, the NSA would not disclose it to FBI, military, or any other agency - presumably because they'd be monitored too.  Either way I now have the basis for my novel - George Orwell…Moooove Over!  And by the size of this post - I see I already wrote one.  If I write this book and suddenly vanish - you guys know what to do, right?   Later, Rickster     P.S. >  Wait a minute…now that I think about it - no one ever heard from that guy again.

2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Ding ding ding DING!  Intel Outside!   :cool:

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

~blink~

i am POSITIVE i didn't understand all that!!
    But suddenly the idea of a wireless router seems to have slipped off my Christmas list!

4. Rickster

Rickster Guest

Not wireless per se, just an undetectable frequency that travels with or parallel through the wires with an exact copy of your data. Like having a radio set inside your radio set - or the "snow" you see between TV channels.  All electric devices emit RF (radio frequency) signals, like your refrigerator, motor in your vacumn cleaner - and your PC when it's running -  We link because we are on the same frequency within a given bandwidth - but couldn't if one of our machines was communicating on something that is indisinguishable from the normal background radiation associated with electronics.  Turn your TV to an untuned station - that snow you see is the background radiation all around us originating from the Big Bang origin of the universe - the signal would be within that (so undetectable).  Now just switch your thinking from a TV to a computer.  All those electrons steaming downline emit inpercetable "noise".   Me thinks.  Your not alone - this concept gives me a headache just thinking about it.  See ya Later, Rickster

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.