nForce2/Silicon Sil3112 Raid 0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by shirike, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shirike

shirike Registered Member

My current PC setup

Windows XP Pro SP2
    ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe mobo
    2x WD Raptor 36GB in raid-O striped
    1x 160 WD Caviar in 4 partitions

I used TI 9 2323 to create a backup of my Windows installation on the RAID 0 setup. However, after installing a trial of a program, I found out that I wanted to restore my image to prior to the install.

The problem is, the Acronis Loader I use to restore my backup.tib sees my RAID-0 drives as seperate 36GB drives rather than one drive in RAID.

I've already completed a search on this issue on the forums and there does not appear to be a solution or if there is one I've not seen it.

What can I do? Should I create a new Bootable Rescue Media? This might prove tricky because I have a DVD burner and the rescue media will only burn to CD.

If creating a Bootable Rescue Media CD works I'll strip one from my friends PC but I'd like some prior info before I go about upsetting him :)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  2. shirike

I'd like to point out the Acronis Loader CD was created with an older version of TI - early TI 8, I think.

If I create a new Acronis Loader CD with the latest version of TI9, this appears to correct issues with suporting my nforce2 Sil3112 SATA/RAID?

Can someone confirm?

3. shirike

This is the post I used to assume the Acronis Loader CD was the cause of my problems - did I read this correctly? Bit difficult since I don't know what version I used to burn the Loader.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello shirike,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Yes, you understood this correctly.

The point is that the support for your particular RAID controller has not been implemented yet in the version\build of Acronis True Image that you used to create Bootable Rescue CD. However, it has been implemented in the later versions\builds of Acronis True Image.

Actually, we recommend you to always use Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (currently the number is 2323) of Acronis True Image, since new builds usually have some minor problems fixed and provide better hardware support.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. shirike

Thank you - time to go raid my friends pc \o/

6. shirike

It worked brilliantly - I love TI 9 again :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.