nForce2 Chipset conflict with ATI Drivers proven!!!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Cyborg, Dec 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyborg

Cyborg Registered Member

Hi Guys,

I have an ASUS A7N8X DELUX Motherboard which has an nForce2 chipset. I recently downloaded and installed the latest nForce2 drivers from the NVIDIA Website.

To my horror as these drivers were being installed my ATI Drivers disappeared and also did my Creative drivers for my soundcard. I tried a system restore which did not work. I contacted NVIDIA at their UK office and spoke to their technical guys.

Their reply really annoyed mre. They told me that the nForce drivers will not recognise any other Graphic Drivers apart from NVIDIA, likewise in respect of my motherboard because it is an all singing and dancing product and has onboard sound it will remove any drivers from other sound devices.

This is jusy plain crazy.What they told me their words "If I had an Nvidia Graphic card I would not have a problem and likewise if I had not got a separate Sound Card likewise my PC would still function as it did before I installed the new nForce2 Drivers.

I said to them that was just NVIDIA being totally out of order i.e. what they are saying to me is go for a Geforce Graphics Card instead of my ATI Radeon 9800 PRO and I should have stayed away from my Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum 2 Soundcard.

I was able to reinstall the ATI Drivers but only after disabling all NVIDIA properties on my PC. The sound drivers were just crazy. I could not instaall even from my original disk. I contacted Creative and they told me what to do I think it involved going into CMOS and disabling all sound properties etc I can't remember because I was so damn mad.

I do not even know if I have successfully installed the new nForce2 drivers. If I have then ok but there is no way I will install any further updates. What is a "noob" supposed to do in the PC scheme of things? Never update :'( . Has anyone else had similar problems. This could be why my task manager is not messed up who knows certainly not me. I will however "not" be bullied into going for an Geforce Graphic card. Iwould rather change my motherboard because companies that do such things do not deserve the customers they get.

Cyborg, please post in the approprate forums - thanks in advance

2. Cyborg

Cyborg Registered Member

Sorry about that Paul. Look before I leap next time lol.

In respect of this post I have just read a post by LowWaterMark titled "No Offense, Yes Really."

I hope this post is not seen as offensive or any that I do post. If I do cause any problems I can asure you it will not be intentional on my part.

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

No problem, Cyborg ;)

We're aiming at "organized chaos" - much is allowed, but for the sake of all of us, we did set up dedicated forums ;)

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.