Next step - from Sandboxie on...

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ysatis, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ysatis

ysatis Registered Member

Hello. Sorry i was sick so now i am trying to solve this. So are you saying that During installation I need to put in my original XP CD (or make a iso image) and when the installation asks for a serial I need to give a valid XP serial which has to be different from my original XP licensed serial?

Pls tell me if this is what you say. thnx

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Yes, Microsoft 'considers' a VM like a separate machine, so you need another license.
    Be sure to use an installation CD, not one of those OEM recovery disks that manufacturers supply, which should fail to install a Windows copy that works in the VM.

3. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

I was reading this thread with great interest but ysatis' problem is a bucket of cold water!

If I got it right, and one wants to run Windows in Virtual Box, one should have a second license?

4. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Yes. If you're running a Windows VM inside Windows, you need 2 licenses. One for the host (real), and another for the guest (virtual).
    That is my understanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.