Next nod32 update

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by windstrings, Mar 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. windstrings

windstrings Registered Member

Humm.. I suspect we all understand and are saying the same thing... funny how our language limits us so much sometimes?

I appreciate NOD forum in the fact that when I was looking for a new AV and stumbled upon the forum... it was balanced enough about talking about all the other AV's out there that I was able to make a fair assessment of what I wanted.
    True, I expect this forum will always be "bia's" towards NOD, and not get on here an praise some other AV about how its supposedly better or such,
    But on the other hand... its hard to trust when everyone is so bias one directions that you feel you can't get a good assessment or even "review" of the product... in this case NOD.

It will become necessary to mention other AV's in order to talk about the goodness of NOD in comparison?... if that never be allowed, then few would find the comments said here trustworthy and objective.

However, I agree this is not the place to get carried away with some other AV either? and go on praising it etc etc... because people are coming here to learn about NOD32?

The fact of the matter..... here its all about NOD!!!

But I do like to hear how some other AV's are catching up.. or maybe even excelling in a certain areas..... not to drag customers away that direction, but keep us all informed and helps me know, I still have the best!

For instance... KAV excells in the sense that they include almost every virus known to man in their dats... but then we also get to hear the other side of the coin.... like.. big deal... if they include dats "caged" that we will never see and its slows my system down to boot, then its not realistic to use?

The bottom line is.. "will it likely protect me from all the viruses I chance in getting, and is it fast?..... NOd can say... yes.. and yes....

I believe in NOD enough, that I am not intimidated at the details of other AV accomplichments!... Bring it on.. baby!!! Just don't harp on it all day.... Its about nod here!... but we all know that.. right?

I still think when you weigh all the duckies in a basket... NOD is the best hands down!!!!

2. windstrings

Yea.. go ahead.... I will be curious.... but I tested it a year ago and it was a bit slow "on my fast system" (amd64 3200)... I wouldnt want to use it on a slow system for sure.

And before you make any conclusions, its been awhile now since any major update.... NOD32 3.0 will be out soon.... that will be fun to see how it drives!

Its only fair to test a recent "latest version" with another recent "latest version"

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Wildstrings,
    I would correct you, if you don't mind. The new PCU 2.13.x will be available shortly, whereas it will take much more time than a couple of weeks to develop NOD32 3.0.

4. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Just wanted to step in for a second . I respect you Bubba . You are pretty cool when it comes to these things . And I like how you handled this . I would like to say though , that I AQM a NOD user and did not feel he was out of place . Reason being , he compared the two . Yes , it could have been done in the OTHER AV area but , hey , is this really a problem . I appreciated his opinion . I never took offense and am curious as to why anyone else did . It IS , indeed , how we are perceived WITHOUT voval tones . It is difficult sometimes . I , as a PROUD NOD user , would welcome that attitude at any time . Only opinions and facts . And I think all he did was basically compare tthe two in a way bothered some only because other AV are not worth comparing to their wonderful choice . If I am missing something , please let me know . I just feel that he was talking about NOD ..... Along with KAv to make a point . And shouldn ' t the proper response to him have been " well , NOD is better at this because " instead of taking it personally . Only my opinion obviously . Do not mean to upset anyone . I really am not . I love NOD . But , I also know that there are other vendors out there that do very well . My opinion , as well as fact , shows KAV to be one of them . I like the opportunity to brag and compare the two . With NOD winning of course . ( had to say that or they would throw me outa here ) lol . Sorry . Anyway . Just my observation . Sorry if I offended anyone .

5. hollywoodpc

2.13 . COOL . Wonder what may be in it as I have heard this could be a nice one . Oh well . keep up the GREAT work !!

6. windstrings

Hi Marcos..... I was looking back to see if I had mentioned a couple of weeks and I had not....
    But I know just mentioning it starts making people assuming that....
    Sorry if I overstepped my bounds........ I was just playing off of another thread where you mentioned its upcoming release yesterday...
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=389052#post389052
    I guess the word "soon" is open to interpretation, and I know you don't like being haggled about "when"

but at least we know its coming......

7. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

The request by Bubba doesn't need to be validated. The NOD32 support forum is just that, the NOD32 support forum.

It is not the NOD32 comparison forum.

This forum is for businesses or individual license holders of NOD32 to sort out problems.

If you want to compare NOD with any other antivirus programs, the other antivirus forum is here for that purpose.

If you want to discuss any other antivirus program, many of them also have their own forums.

8. windstrings

Humm... well isn't this a boatload of fun?
    Ok, I'll take the blame..... I started this thread from a previously closed thread and I can't even remember why it was closed?....
    Sounds like with a little help.. this one might get closed too?

Its a bit confusing at least for me who likes to bounce all over the place when I talk... to keep on a strict topic without wavering.
    In my very first post I mentioned some other AV progs... that's prob what got this whole thing started on the wrong track.
    If thats against the rules, I apologize... or thats ok and I aided it digressing furthur into perdition... I aplogize for that too....

Everyone seems to like each other out here pretty well out here, and they're are times we all get abit testy.....

I presume some of the previous dialologe "which was also off topic"... hey!.. as is this tooo_O? , but anyway..was because folks out here seem to be good folks and if they feel they hurt someones feelings unintentionally, they want to make it right?.... I think its good that it makes them feel bad for doing so and want to make things right?
    You never know when what you say will be read wrong.... our english language misses just a bit!

But nevertheless... this is a good forum as long as no one gets too heated.... it discusses alot of good topics.

When you see folks comment out there that have over 100 comments logged.... they must like it here, and they must like the folks out here!

9. windstrings

Hey Marcos.. looking back I noticed you called me "wildstrings"... maybe that fits better...... Humm.....
    I do break strings quite often!!!

10. hollywoodpc

Pk . i think Ronjor , you wqere a bit rude with me . I was NOT trying to validate Bubba . And for you to accuse me of that sucks ! Say what you will . I was trying to be the cool head in here and you feel you must say something like that ? Everything you said wasright . WITH the exception of what I just mentioned . I will not talk about this again . But you were rude !

11. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I don't see it that way. HPC, just relax, no one is having a go at you.

Cheers

Blackspear.

12. windstrings

I was thinking all along.... I was missing something....that something must have gone over my head, but it wasn't my business and I didn't really get the point.. so I didn't comment..... I didn't see that anyone was cross with anyone in the first place..... it was later it finally got escalated?

Sometimes its best to wipe the slate clean and start over......

I had a lady at work that I got along with like a cat and a dog....
    I finally had to tell her that every week... we need to play like we just met each other for the first time.... all prior events gone!.... fresh every week!!!... That was about a year ago.. but within a couple of weeks it made quite a change..... Now we get along great!...
    We still don't communicate on the same planet at the same time.. but we get along!

ehh.... don't make something into something unless there something to make.... did you get thato_Oo_O :eek:

13. Gauthreau

Gauthreau Guest

I have no problems with your request and will stay within the limits of the open forum :). I appreciate the polite way you handled everything.

Neil

14. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  15. windstrings

Above is copied from the link Ron provided.... humm.... guess I blew that one a few times!!!!
    I'll have to see if I can try harder.... "not" to trash them that is!! *puppy*

16. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

The above post made me cry I laughed so hard. :D I just had to share that. :D

17. windstrings

Glad to hear I can entertain someone.... I can juggle too??

18. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Just an idea but I think maybe it would help to change the description to something like the screenshot. Instead of topics and issues like it says now. I for one would think topics about NOD32 version 2 in general. I never went into the NOD32 version 1 thread to read the thread Ronjor posted as I am sure not many others did either from the sound of things. Now that we know we will not be likely to mispost but for other newcommers that haven't read this it will likely repeat :(

Thanks,

Chris

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.