next beta?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by cinek, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinek

cinek Registered Member

any1 knows when will the next beta be available for testing?

2. patch

patch Registered Member

No doubt when it's ready, which will only be known when it is.

IMO
    A more interesting question is how will the new version be announced / released. Options I can think of are:
    1) Will it be automatically pushed out to all beta users to ensure all are current.
    2) A locked announcement thread we can subscribe to (preferably with email notification) to ensure all beta testers are aware when a new program update is released.
    3) We all frequently poll the forum to check manually when a new program update is released (i.e. the system used for none beta releases).

Note the above are listed in my order of preference. Perhaps there should be a poll on it to see what other beta users would prefer.

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I'm still waiting for b2 to actually install it. I rarely install first betas because they are usually riddled with issues. ESET probably also use this mentality so are fixing everything possible before release.

4. patch

patch Registered Member

Most easily done by posting new beta release notes to this thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=225559

Edit
    Oops this board does not allow subscription to closed threads, so unfortunately my suggestion will not work.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

The next public beta release, for which no date is available yet, will be announced via the following methods:
    There will also be announcements on other web sites (ESET.EU, ESET.SK and so forth) as well as through other means, but the above are the ones for which the URLs are known.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.