News you shouldn't use!

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by HandsOff, Jun 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

There is a new computer game on the market called Jaws Unleashed. But there is a twist:

This time you are the shark!

-HandsOff

2. Airking

Airking Registered Member

Sounds delightful

3. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I know people like sharkfin soup :thumbd: :D

Gerard

4. HandsOff

Well, I secretly thought so too, but I was not anticipating widespread approval here.

Can you believe? I posted a link to this fun game where you push someone down the stairs and get awarded points base on the extent of his injuries and did not receive a single word of appreciation!

-HandsOff!

5. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Yoo wants appreciation...doo yoo? As soon as I gets out of traction yool get everthing yoo deserve....an then some!!

Injury is the sincerest form of flattery, Flattened ed

Ps...Wait til I gets me HandsOn yoo!!

6. HandsOff

The worst of it is that people were deprived of a tutorial on physics!

would someone tumble worse pushed squarely between the shoulderblades, or if a leg is kicked out from under him? Well, as it turned out there are lots of ways to injury someone seriously in this scenario, but one that was perhaps the most injury inflicting, and certainly one of the most elegent was to pull a wrist across the body, diagonally upward.

Surprised? So was I, and yet when you see the effect it is all to clear. I violent tug in that way is like pulling a rip cord. Not only does the receipient get a precious upward componet to his acceleration, his body is caused to rotate along his axis of symetry.

The added height, and radial momentum really make the difference when his center of mass finally makes contact with the stairs. Although barely pushed at all in the forward direction his spin helps to send him down the steps in a rapid, sideways roll, which it turns out, is not the best way to fall down the stairs.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting to predict what would be the most effective, then test it out.

-HandsOff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.