Newish to Linux your thoughts on this distro

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by ianmcqui, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oliverjia

oliverjia Registered Member

Nick,

It's very nice and professional of you to point out what the really problems are with RoboLinux. I totally agree with what you said about RoboLinux itself and the OP. Usually, when something sounds too good to be true, then most times it really is too good to be true, like the claim "immune to any malware" bs from RoboLinux.

PPL here at Wilders, especially who come to this UNIX/LINUX sub-forum, are generally tech savvy and with due intelligence and logic to figure out what to believe and what distro worth a try.

Anyway, thanks Nick for the comment.

Regards,
    oliverjia

2. ianmcqui

ianmcqui Registered Member

It has a 'run as live CD' option on the install disc 32 or 64 bit and Iv'e tried quite a few other Linux Distros but honestly prefer this one.

I'm skeptical too what version it is etc... I would suspect it supports more than 4Gb of ram as I'm using a dual quad core machine and it uses all 8 cores whereas Windows won't unless using pro in XP, Pro or Ultimate in W7 and Pro in W8, don't know how it handles SAS in raid or other combinations as I have changed boot up drive to SSD.

With reference to sourforge, I hadn't even considered those points and I don't think the VM box is a problem because they say your just re installing your licensed copy.

OK I'm a manual worker and not some intellectual so don't expect it to be particularly eloquent or grammatically correct, if I've come across as a shill it is by pure accident.

Well quirks! VLC media player is not the same at all I much prefer the Windows version, even though I've typed in my password to log on when I mount one of the hard drives on my PC I have to type in the password again! Iv'e not really found anything else really, except for when installed on a laptop the mouse pad does not let you use it to select unless you change it in the settings and I actually like that because I'm crap at typing and my fat hands touch the pad when typing and move the cursor to usually somewhere up the page and because I'm looking at the keyboard and not the screen the sentences are all over the place.

It's just another OS to me but different from another if you know what I mean.

So for the forum members out there that think I'm a shill is to, in the next day or two ask the moderators to remove the whole thread as if it never existed.

If during the passage of time I find an answer to my question I will start another thread and at least let you all know what I've found out.

Regards to you all, Ian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.