Newibe: Incremental backups

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by walt, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walt

walt Registered Member

Windows XP SP2 TrueImage 8
    I am a newbie concerning TrueImage. Although I have read the User Guide, the FAQs an many (!) of the posts in this forum I'd be glad if somebody could answer my following questions (I unfortunately do not know the english expressions used in TrueImage, I use a German version):

1. When an image is splittet because of the limitations of FAT32 which of the images (the first one, the last one or any one) do I have to select for
    - an incremental backup?
    - verifying the original image?

2. If I make an incremetal backup of C:\ every day, do I have to select the original full backup or the last incremental backup?

3. After having made an incremental backup (from the original full backup or from the last incremental backup) can I delete the previous incremental backups? Is there a feature which does this automatically?

4. Can I plan a task which makes an incremental backup of the last incremental backup? Or can the task only make incremental backups from the original full backup?

5. When I plan a task which does not start automatically an icon should appear on the desktop allowing me to start the task manually. However this icon is not created on my desktop. What is wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Walt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.