Newest version of Smart Security drops wireless connection

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by noobfromsd, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noobfromsd

noobfromsd Registered Member

Gotta question for anyone who might have an answer or explanation.

Got a new lap top and I put Smart Security on it (The latest version 4.2.64.12) and while installing drivers, it dropped my wireless connection. I tried to reconnect with no success and my internet company said it was probably due to ESET firewall. I tried adjusting the settings as suggested in the knowledgebase but internet still wouldn't come back. I uninstalled ESET and at the last part of the uninstall my internet came back. Rebooted, and wireless was good, I could get online. I installed again and the exact same thing happened, wireless dropped. I got frustrated and as a last resort, I downloaded a previous version 4.0.474 and it dropped for like a second or two but came back. Now I am on the 4.0.474 version and everything is working fine, but I am very curious why the newest version, which should be better, doesn't let me connect to my wireless.

Does anyone here know why this would happen? Thanks to anyone who replies.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you tried uninstalling v. 4.0.474 and installing 4.2.64 to confirm that the problem actually returns?

3. noobfromsd

noobfromsd Registered Member

yes, I have tried that and same results

4. flateric1975

flateric1975 Registered Member

It sounds like router issue to me..

Press the reset on your router/modem

then see how you go

Reset the wireless on your laptop if you have one..

turn it off restart laptop then turn it back on.

Helped me when that happened to me but i was using another program not ESS it is not a AV software issue mate. plus make sure in ESET that protect is set to allow sharing. ( it comes up when you install eset

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.