Newer version now 3633

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by backman, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. backman

backman Registered Member

That's what it shows on my account anyway.

Grab it if you need it. They're coming fast and furious now!

Terry:D

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

LOL ... Think I'll wait a bit and see what build pops up next.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I would rather pullout my toe-nails with a pair of grips than make backups to DVDs. Still there seems to be some demand :))

Xpilot

4. TheWeaz

Same here ... I'd rather pull out your toe nails as well. :D

5. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

haha....good one!

6. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Ok, when you come up with a DVD backup method that can produce good backups at the same speed as a hard drive and can run from a schedule with nobody in attendance I might just let you ! :))

Xpilot

7. Tatou

Tatou Registered Member

yep I agree re DVD but there is other stuff added from 3567

2006-05-19 Build #3633:
    Direct DVD support fixes

006-05-18 Build #3625:
    - Direct DVD support
    - WinPE based bootable ISO building new feature
    - GUI Fixes
    - Better hardware support

8. TheWeaz

Don't think that will happen soon, so your tootsies are safe for now! I'm an HD man from way back. All my systems have at least one dedicated HD for backups.

9. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Nothing I see there to entice me ... but I'm watching the beta testing with interest! :D :D

10. backman

backman Registered Member

Exactly, and I will be back from the lake on Sunday. Do you guys think you can have it wrapped up by then?

I'd appreciate it!

Terry

11. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

When a company starts pulling this type of crap, i.e. too frequent releases, it most certainly confirms they do not have their act together.

12. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Howard, I have to disagree with you. If a critical issue is identified I certainly would like to see an update. I compare this with other companies with similar utility products where support is either very poor or non-existant. Granted its not pleasant having to go through the uninstall, cleanup and re-install with new Rescue disk creation. Having a lengthy career as an industrial process control engineer I have seen many such issues and I greatly appreciate the quick attention provided by Acronis. Just my opinion.

13. Wedge1

Wedge1 Registered Member

Ditto opinion.

14. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

The fix is not an issue that popped up and got fixed overnight, rather the release demonstrates sloppy procedures within Acronis.

There is a real cost to customers of installing each release, and for those who immediately installed 3625, they now have to waste resources installing 3633.

15. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

A change from the comments written many times in the past by posters wanting faster updates. While it may be seen as a goof, I would say that there must be something in 3567 I mean 3625 Acronis doesn't like because history shows they prefer to gather the fixes and then do a release many weeks later.

This change in behaviour may indicate one should update.

Edit: Changed incorrect version number in post.

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  16. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Anyone know what made it necessary to update build 3567 by two (?) builds in one day? Or was it only one ... I've lost count.

17. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

It went from from 3567 to 3625 yesterday and today it went from 3625 to 3633 so we went 8 in one day. According to the history on the download page it looks like they fixed bugs in the direct DVD writing feature.

18. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Or, it shows that they respond quickly to minor probs that show up and can be easily fixed. ;)

19. pepegot1

pepegot1 Registered Member

Just installed 3633 over 3625, without the need to remove 3625, and it works.

20. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

OK, just got it @603KB/Sec. Now on to the install.

21. nganvu

nganvu Registered Member

Just got mine too.
    Don't see any difference between build 3525 and 3633!!!!

22. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Of course there is no law or rule that states Thou shalt always download and install the latest version, especially if the current one is working satisfactorily for ones own situation, unless of course the latest version happens to have an enhancement that you've been 'hanging out' for.

Having said that, I like to play with the versions to see what the differences are.

It would be nice if Acronis weren't quite so terse or should that be verbose with the description of their fixes.

It is also possible the 3625 release wasn't supposed to be the release - it might also be yet another case of the left hand (marketing) not talking to the right hand (production team) and getting a little premature - read whatever you like into that last statement.

Colin

23. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

24. rafael

rafael Registered Member

Nothing of interest to me at this time. Better wait feedbacks from others.

25. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Well the break or fix that happened with the media builder from 3567 causing my wireless mouse/keyboard to only work vertically in the TI and DD selection screen, hasn't altered, so back to the ISO Acronis provided for that - which of course is v3567 not the latest.

Can someone else try mounting an image in RW mode? I get a failure which I reported in the 3567 version, but it still happens for me in 3633.

The error message is

Cannot assign a drive letter to a partition from the backup drive

Before I log a support doobrey with Acronis, I'd just like to know if anyone else has this problem - we might be able to narrow this down.

Was TrueImageTerminal part of 3567? I've just been playing with it from a command prompt (within XP)

There also appear to be some more options under the options bit, but I might of missed those in the previous build.

The WinPE environment is the BartPE same as v3567 apart from the upgrade to v3663.

Colin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.