Newegg.com AV Specials

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Thankful, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Promo codes expire at 11:59pm on 03/09/2014

Eset NOD 32 ver. 6 AV 1 PC $9.99 w Free Shipping
    Promo Code : EMCPGPC62
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-_-SecurityUtilitiesSoftware-_-32114027-L018D

Kaspersky AV 2014 1 PC Download $9.95
    Promo Code : EMCPGPC76
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ownloadableSecurityUtilities-_-32355073-L019C

Kaspersky AV 2104 1 PC w Free Shipping $9.95
    Promo Code : EMCPGPC78
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-_-SecurityUtilitiesSoftware-_-32355079-L019D

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  2. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

Newegg will be opening here in March, which means us non-US based people can no longer moan about these offers. Until then, I reserve my right to whinge accordingly.

3. daman1

daman1 Registered Member

Well hopefully you guys see great deals like we do.

did you see the link BD is giving away free 6 month license to anyone, if your interested.

4. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Nice deals.:thumb:

5. moxxey

moxxey Registered Member

Yeah, but they won't just transfer to the UK. Those deals are arranged with the US distribution channel. When I spoke with Bitdefender Europe about the NewEgg offers, they said they wouldn't be repeated in the UK/Europe.

Kaspersky UK wouldn't, either. I know that for a fact.

6. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

Great o_O

7. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Haha it's terrible mate :D :p

8. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

9. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning! Well you've hit the proverbial Website on The Head. My Problem with a Major Website like Newegg is this territorial Attitude. Meaning as stated by The Seeker and Moxxey...whether it's the U.K. or in my case Canada...if your a Major Player on The World Wide Web...Your Offer Should be Offered Everywhere...Forget About Target Markets...Income Ratios...Churn Rates...I'm Talking About Fairness of Trade Practices. Having had a Lot Of Exposure to Sales and Marketing...when Numbers come into play...it's the Almighty Bottom Line...in many Instances. Philosophically we Can only Hope! But as Consumers...their is Huge Presence in Constructive and Justified Criticism...these Attitudes can effect Businesses Bottom Lines. As a footnote, in all Fairness too Newegg...it just isn't Newegg that's the culprit...it's up to us as individual's to practice our Due Diligence in Constant Monitoring of Trade Practices. Sincerely...Securon

10. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

Regional restricted licenses are an invention of the AV companies and not the resellers. Let's stay on topic.

11. Securon

Good Afternoon! FleischmannTV...I'm aware of the Regional License issue...in some instances it's only applicable to certain Vendors. I'm merely stating that it's up to the Website in question to provide a workable solution for their potential customer,regardless of Geographical or Nationality concerns. Sincerely...Securon

12. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

You might want to check Canadian web reseller NCIX to see what deals they are offering.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

13. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

The reseller (Newegg) has no control over back end license validation that many AV companies use to verify IP address and registration location. This has nothing do with Newegg or its business practices and everything to do with the manufacturer.

14. Securon

Good Evening! whitedragon551...I suspected as much...thanks for your input. Sincerely...Securon

15. Securon

Good Evening! Aryeh! Many thanks for your reply. I went too the NCIX Site and they have ESET V4 for $79.95...you would think they would be up to date. On Eset's Site as you know you can obtain a 1p.c. 2yr license for $89.95. From a Customer's Standpoint this is Laughable. And of course it states they're out of stock at the moment...not to worry because I currently have a 2yr license for Eset S.S.7...and am very happy. Once again many thanks for your thoughtful reply. Sincerely...Securon

16. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

17. digmor crusher

digmor crusher Registered Member

NCIX doesn't look like a site I will be buying from anytime soon.

18. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

why is that? i have bought from them a few times before and never had a issue.

19. moxxey

moxxey Registered Member

Not really, no. NewEgg.com is a US company, serving the US market. They shouldn't have to figure the logistics of serving the world.

Besides, it's almost impossible. How do you buy Kaspersky codes for Australia, from the States? Kaspersky Australia don't and won't sell to a company outside their region. So unless NewEgg open an office in every territory, to serve the world, then it's impossible for them to get the codes.

It's the security companies who are making this difficult, not the vendors. Kaspersky have at least six different regions for their codes and Kaspersky UK is very different from Kaspersky USA in terms of their idea of 'promotional pricing'. So even if a Kaspersky product is $9.99, it won't be an equivalent £6.99 using Kaspersky UK codes, for this reason. The UK office won't allow it - see Amazon UK as an example.

Have you really though this reply? :)

20. Securon

Good Morning! Moxxey! As I stated in reference to whitedragon551...I understand the relation between the Vendors and NewEgg...now as you stated Newegg is an American Company that's correct...But...they have Website's catering to both the Canadian and Chinese Markets...which makes them International in Scope. So it's up to the Consumer to Lobby the Vendor for Change...and as such I have thought the issue through! Just as a footnote...Kaspersky are known to have a less than admirable profile when dealing with their Customer Base...their Support is Atrocious...not a Company I would recommend. In all Fairness they do make a Superior A/V...but as a Customer You want to be treated with Acknowledgement and Respect. Sincerely...Securon

21. justenough

justenough Registered Member

22. cobrafirefly

cobrafirefly Registered Member

23. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

24. deanmartin

deanmartin Registered Member

25. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.