Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by davidpriest, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidpriest

davidpriest Registered Member

I have purchased the True Image Home 2009 and am already confused and feeling out of my depth. I registered the Key details and it said my product is registered, but it does not work fully, so I then went to update my software.
    I visited https://www.acronis.co.uk/support/updates/index.html but there is no download button.... how on earth do I get to download the updateso_O
    Have I bought a bad product? Can anyone else figure out how to get it all up and working please...
    David

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

It would help to say what you are finding that doesn't work. Did you purchase it retail or download from the Acronis site?

3. davidpriest

It was purchased from Amazon UK and arived in the post this morning.
    The schedules backups do not work, they want a User name and password but always give me an error message saying "The login information is not valid. Are you sure you want to continue?"
    Although this website tells me that I have the one profuct registered to me, the program Help screen says "Trial version information: You have a fully operational trial version of Acronis*True*Image*Home that works only 15 days. After the 15 days is over, you won't be able to use the software.
    Acronis havn't emailed me any instructions, so how do I get it all working please...
    David

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

It sounds like you had the Trial version on the system before. If this is so, uninstall your bought version, and use the Acronis "clean-up" tool (available on their website) to remove the rest of it. Then reinstall your bought version.

It also wouldn't hurt to run a cleanup utility like CCleaner (free) now and then at least once per month.

5. davidpriest

Sorry but I am not finding this at all easy....
    So I uninstalled the program, downloaded the AcronisCleanup.exe
    I run it and it opens a DOS window that says:-
    # Please disable the user account program before running this tool
    #
    #_

What does that mean?
    What do I do next?

David

6. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Delay using the cleanup program until you test this suggestion.

Open the trial version and input your registration serial number into the trial version. If it accepts it, then you have a full functional installation.

Create a new Rescue CD if your serial is accepted. The new Rescue CD will have all its functions rather than the reduced trial.

When it asks for your login and password, it is referring to one you use when you log into Windows.

7. davidpriest

Well there I was feeling really clever, I worked out how to cancel the User Account program, I un-instaled my version, ran the clean up tool, cleaned everything up with Full latest version of Registry mechanic and then with Advanced System Care Pro.
    I then re-installed my Acronis software using the key supplied but still cant workout if I have the trial or full version... the help screen still tells me that I have a fully operational trial version.
    GroverH said "Open the trial version and input your registration serial number into the trial version" but there is nowhere to enter my registration key, it only asks for the key on installation, the program does not offer a way of showing/entering your key after installation, or of showing which version you have installed.
    The best bit of info so far was to use the Windows login and password, that works...
    So how can I be 100% certain that I am now running the full version and not the trial version?
    David

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello David,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

It looks like the program was installed improperly. To resolve the issue please do the following:

1. Completely uninstall the program by means of Acronis Clean Up Utility.

2. Reboot the computer.

3. Please make sure that there is no another Acronis software at your system. If there is any, please temporally uninstall it.

4. - Open Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> regedit).

- Find the following branch:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis

Make right-click on it and select Delete.

5. Reboot the computer.

6. Install the program from the scratch and insert the serial number during the installation.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.