Newbie with CD Burning Issues

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TroubleZone, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TroubleZone

TroubleZone Registered Member

I am new to burning CD's.

I have tried to burn this one CD, finally I did it correctly - only by accident :p

Now that I have the Files I want on the CD, how do I get it to open and work on my hard drive, or how do I get it to copy the files to my hard drive.

Someone was helping me but - I would like other opinions - things are not going well. :doubt:

2. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Hi

I'm not sure if you are burning a CD to create an audio disk, or just copying files. If you have XP, copying files to a CD is pretty simple, and making an audio CD is only slightly harder But....

...I would recommend (if you can afford it) getting Nero 6 Ultra. Not too long ago I found it on eBay for $12 dollars. I have seen it for 0 - 30 dollars (after rebate) in stores. Its retail price is around $100, but only the impatient, or very rich pay that price.

It is such a good value even at $100. It is simple to use, and has outstanding support. I will include a screen shot.

To you question about how to access the data on the CD, if you insert it into the CD player once it is recognized you can just go to windows explorer, or my computer and locate the drive. It is not always as obvious as with hard drives because the icon will look different depending on the disk. If you have many cd drives (i have five) then you sometimes guess wrong. At any rate, I just right click and choose 'explore contents'. You may end up choosing autorun which supposedly opens the cd or performs the action of your choice whenever a cd is inserted. This can be annoying but i suppose some people like it.

- HandsOff

Attached Files:

3. TroubleZone

TroubleZone Registered Member

Hi and thanks HandsOff,

I do have Nero - actually between and Real Player - some how I made the copy - and I really believe it was not Nero lol - because it kept saying the file was corrupt or something.

When I put in the CD - the Release Notes come up, and if I click install on any of them - it says - Error Executing File.

So I tried copying the files thru windows and opening them that way - and it gives another error...

saying that it cannot copy certain files and one I believe is the autorun file.

I am guessing that a file is missing - I have clicked on the Set Up files too, and no go too...

it says that I should make sure the disk specified is in the drive..

So here I sit - still clueless *sigh*
    :doubt:

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Maybe the disc was not finalised properly. Did you try to create a CD using 'Copy Entire Disc' option?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.