Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by n8chavez, Jun 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I have used Shadow Defender for a long time. But, I got a deal I just couldn't pass up. 3 licenses for the price of 1 and 65% off by filling out the little questionnaire on the website; three licenses for $14. Great deal!!!

Anyway, I am very new to Returnil and had a couple of questions about it. I would appreciate any help here.

• How long does the license activation process take; it has been saying "Requestion Pending" a while now. (Installation ID: 0211ADEE60C76702E5F7D27A45FDBA92)
    • Returnil seems to bypass LooknStop Personal Firewall. It does not seem to need to have firewall application permission to access the internet? Why is that? Is it safe?
    • Is there a way of submitting Virus Guard false positives?
    More late (I'm sure).

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

While you wait for official response:

How long is awhile? It shouldn't be too long, did you check if LNS is actually blocking it connecting back?

I don't think it bypasses a firewall but I'm not familiar enough with LNS to advise you what setting to check/tighten

on subject of false positives
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=265835

3. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi n8chavez,

1. The server is undergoing some hardware maintenance so may not be available until later tonight (US time) or tomorrow. I don't have a status on this at the moment as the server team is on Central European time. Give it until tomorrow and then shoot me a PM if the issue continues.

2. It is not designed to bypass firewalls so I would start with Cudni's advice. Be aware however that the registration will need at least one connection to the server before you turn off communications.

3. The thread Cudni references is correct but does not have the address. Send the exported message XML file to support (dash) tech (at) returnil (dot) com and we will advise how to send samples of the files for the team to investigate.

Thanks
    Mike

4. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Thank you both for you help. It appears that I made a mistake regarding the ability to bypass LnS. Returnil does, well, prompt a prompt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.