Newbie Question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CarlWalters, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarlWalters

CarlWalters Registered Member

I have just downloaded the latest trial version of TrueImage 8. I'm running Windows XP SP2. My single drive is a 40G Quantum Fireball. I fitted a new 120G Samsung drive as Primary Slave and ran the trial version of TrueImage 8. I selected Clone Disk and started the clone of my original 40G drive to the new 120G drive. It seemed to run and complete OK. All of the data from the original 40G drive seems to be present on the new 120G drive.

However when I remove the 40G and replace it with the new 120G (jumpered as Master) and power up then the PC will not boot. All I get is a black screen with a blinking cursor.

Is this something to do with the fact that I only have the trial version? I'm happy to pay the $49 if it is. Or is it something odd about my new Samsung drive. Or something else altogether?

Any help gratefully received. :)

2. rechtobt

rechtobt Registered Member

Hi Carl,
    i don't know if the functionality of the trial version is limited in that way you've described. If so - i think they should inform about this fact because cloning is time consuming. Did you already try to change booting order to ide1
    in bios before opening the computer and making mechanical changes (pinning anew, new jumpering)?
    Arnd aka rechtobt

3. rechtobt

rechtobt Registered Member

4. package99

package99 Registered Member

5. CarlWalters

CarlWalters Registered Member

Ouch :( Sounds painful.

In response to earlier replies I have tried setting the boot order but no luck. I haven't done anything about runnning sysprep first. Perhaps that is the answer?

thanks for your replies so far :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.