newbie question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Vince Lambert, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vince Lambert

Vince Lambert Registered Member

Have been trying to find out if Acronis will backup the whole hard drive to DVD'S and then if there is failure of my hard drive (as has happened) I can then buy a new hard drive of the same size or larger and just start the backup procedure from the DVD's in XP. It was possible to do this with win ME and sonic full backup. I have been looking for a similar backup program. Would it be better to buy an external or internal extra hard drive and backup to that?

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Definitely better to backup to another drive, internal or external. Backing up to DVDs directly is painfully slow. The Restore from them is even slower. If you do have to Restore a backup to a new drive, there is no need to first put XP on the new drive, since the Restore process will wipe out what is on the new drive.
    I also prefer to do all my True Image procedures from the bootable Rescue CD. Better to make one now and be sure it works since if your present C drive crashes it will be too late to make that CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.