Newbie ? on Spyware guard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Eric2, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric2

Eric2 Guest

Sorry if this has been asked a billion times..however I just want to make sure. Spyware guard automatically runs at start up correct? I see the red SG in my system tray, does that mean SG is running in the background at all times?

Also for Spyware Blaster...It always run automatically once installed right? I just need to update about once a week and don't need to manually run anything from there, correct?

Thanks and again..sorry if its a stupid question

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

That is correct. When you see the red SG in the systray it shows that SpywareGuard is running in the background, which is what is needed since that is how its protection works.

Well, I'd state this just slightly differently... SpywareBlaster's protection is enabled all the time once you run it the first time, Select All the items for protection, and hit the "Protect Against Checked Items!" button. The program itself does not run all the time, so you won't see it in the task manager like you will SpywareGuard. But yes, you should run SpywareBlaster manually, once a week or so, to check for updates and to enable them.

I hope that helps,
    LowWaterMark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.