Newbie needs help with msbatch.inf

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Chiana, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiana

Chiana Registered Member

Hi All,

Firstly, apologies if I am in the wrong place, but I am at my wits end. I am trying to help my son by creating an automated Win98 install via msbatch.

I have created an msbatch.inf via MSbatch.exe. I have tried editing the inf file in notepad and copying other successful inf files off the web. I have searched the web for answers and reached http://home.att.net/~cecw/lastpage.htm ;)

The installation runs fine until the pc reboots after 98 installs. After restart I am presented with a Windows98 Setup Wizard, with the username and/or company name filled in, then I must click next, accept the EULA agreement (yes, I have entered ShowEula=0 in setup) click next, arrive at the product key page and click next to accept. In MSbatch.exe, all boxes are ticked under general setup options / setup prompts. OS is Win98SE.

From what I have read the auto install should not stop here but proceed unobstructed to the point where windows starts up and detects the plug n play monitor. I have wrestled with this for about 3-4 days and have reinstalled windows more times than I care to remember. :doubt: What am I missing here? o_O Is there some kind soul out there who can help me salvage what's left of my mind. Any help and/or ideas, preferably solutions, much appreciated. :-*

Thanks in advance.

Chiana

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.