Newbie needs help with msbatch.inf

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Chiana, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiana

Chiana Registered Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Hi All,

Firstly, apologies if I am in the wrong place, but I am at my wits end. I am trying to help my son by creating an automated Win98 install via msbatch.

I have created an msbatch.inf via MSbatch.exe. I have tried editing the inf file in notepad and copying other successful inf files off the web. I have searched the web for answers and reached ;)

The installation runs fine until the pc reboots after 98 installs. After restart I am presented with a Windows98 Setup Wizard, with the username and/or company name filled in, then I must click next, accept the EULA agreement (yes, I have entered ShowEula=0 in setup) click next, arrive at the product key page and click next to accept. In MSbatch.exe, all boxes are ticked under general setup options / setup prompts. OS is Win98SE.

From what I have read the auto install should not stop here but proceed unobstructed to the point where windows starts up and detects the plug n play monitor. I have wrestled with this for about 3-4 days and have reinstalled windows more times than I care to remember. :doubt: What am I missing here? o_O Is there some kind soul out there who can help me salvage what's left of my mind. Any help and/or ideas, preferably solutions, much appreciated. :-*

Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.