Newbie How To Questions:

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by planet_bill, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. planet_bill

planet_bill Registered Member

Hi, I'm new to the forum and have a few questions.

1) How do I find my posts? As time goes by they easily get lost. Is there a way to see all my posts. Other BBS systems have a 'View Your Posts' link.

2) How do I subscribe to a post? I can't find this anywhere.

3) How do I know someone has replied to one of my posts?

4) How do you make the post subject line appear bold. All mine are light case.

Thanks

2. planet_bill

Guess I found the answer to #1. Looks like the search function has a by user option. OK.

3. dog

dog Guest

Hi Bill; :) Welcome to Wilders' ;)

Click on your user name any where on the forum, from your profile page there are two links under the "Forum Info" section = Find all posts by ******** & Find all threads started by ********
    If you go into your User CP (Control Panel) [The link is located in the upper left of every forum page on the link bar] or you can click this link / which you could bookmark for easy access later. From your CP go into "edit options" the second section down "Messaging & Notification", you can set the your default subscription status for any thread you participate in ... with/without email notification etc... You can also subscribe manually to any thread by using the drop down box located in the upper right of every thread, titled "Thread Tools" from there select to subscribe to the thread.
    You can use the above mentioned feature and have email notification .... or browse the forum, any threads less than 30 days old that you have not read (new posts) are indicated by the bold font when viewing the forum index(s).
    There is no way to toggle this manually, It simple indicates read and unread posts as explained above.
    HTH;

Steve

4. planet_bill

:) Ok, great I'll check that out. Thanks Steve!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.