Newbie: How do I find the infected file in the scan log?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by pgerrish, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pgerrish

pgerrish Registered Member

Brand new to NOD32 (single wks Windows version) and installed it today (using the shortcut method to set it up to BlackSpear Extra settings.) All seems to have gone OK - although install was alarmingly fast (thought it hadn't done anything, just rebooted).

I have done my first on demand scan (scan only, not scan and clean) - I heard one bleep so I know there is one identified threat/infection and at the bottom of the log is confirmation of one threat found. How do I quickly find it to right click it so I can identify it and tell it to clean- the log contains 440,000 file entries and scrolling to look for one red entry is impossible almost. I could tell it to rescan with clean but this would mean another full scan taking 45 minutes. I know I am missing something obvious.
    The "Threat Log" is empty and the "Event Log" gas entry saying "Alert has been generated see the Scan log".

Is it possible to tell it to log only threats or infections in the log and not all files scanned i.e. the important information?

thanks for your help with what I am sure has an obvious answer.

Paul
    Sheffield UK

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Uncheck 'list all files' before a scan usually helps, but there will still be some locked files depending on what you have installed and running.

3. pgerrish

Many thanks - that seemed to ahve been turned on by default with the preconfig BlackSpear settings and that has helped, I have rescanned and found the java Trojan

Paul

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Paul, welcome to Wilders.

I leave it off in the Tutorial.

Cheers :D

5. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

I've noticed that too - looking at the supplied config vs what you have posted in the tutorial - a little adjustment here and there. It may well be unintentional but if it says 'Blackspears Settings' then it really out to be exactly them IMHO.

Cheers :)

6. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I noticed a error every time Nod32 quarantined a file. I went to look what was in the infected file, I saw I didn't have a quarantine folder. So I made one, it works nice.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
  7. pgerrish

Many thanks for the good work. I did the install an carried out a scan, saw all 440,000 files listed and then satrtde to hunt around. I then when through the tutorial and found the slight difference with the all files chcekbox.

In retropect the tutorial is clear and I may have been better just spending the 10 minutes configuring it from that rather than using the quick install.

Paul

8. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

My pleasure Paul.

I think a new user ought to take a run through at least once, this will give them a feel for NOD32 and take some of the fear and mystery out of installing a new antivirus.

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.