newbe question

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by donsan, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donsan

donsan Registered Member

just wondering are you supposed to leave PE up and running all the time or just when you want to check what is happening on your computer.

2. Disciple

Disciple Registered Member

Hi donsan, I start PE after TDS has finished its startup scans and everything else has loaded. and leave it running in the systray. That way if I needed to get to it quickly it's there ready.

:) Disclaimer:
    Your actual usage and experience may vary due to your situtation and hardware. ;)

3. donsan

donsan Registered Member

thank you for the quick response i will keep pe running in the system tray from now on.

4. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Donsan, Port Explorer doesn't need to be running - it will show you the same results regardless of whether you've just started it or had it running since system startup, so it's completely up to you whether you want to run PE all the time, or just when you want to check on the status of your sockets. The advantage with running it all the time is that it's always there in the system tray so at any time you can instantly look at your sockets :)

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

For me PE is the first to start after reboot, to see if all is right, no unexpected or hidden applications, certainly after connecting to internet a few extra looks occasionally, and at times to do some maintenance with closing some sockets if necessary, etc. It's my favorite whois and resolve tool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.