Newbe help

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by mbarn, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbarn

mbarn Registered Member

I just purchased Disk Director, made 1st partition and on reboot get this error msg"NTLDR is missing, press ctrl, alt, del. Doing that, I continue to get the same error. If it matters my OS is XP 64. I used the auto feature to create the partition.

2. Christopher_NC

Christopher_NC Registered Member

Since no one else has answered you, I'll take a stab. I am only learning my way around myself, but did have boot problems after trying out OS Selector, and some disappearing partitions with Disk Director.

You may have luck using your Windows CD, which offer a repair option. There, you can repair the boot code, and I think NTLDR is part of that, along with your Master Boot Record. Rather that tell you more specifics, and give you the wrong instructions, I will stop here.

There are many excellent posts on the Acronis True Image Forums about repairing boot codes -- we seem to have lots in common, and it is a much more active forum than Disk Director. Likely far more users who don't find repairing boot code to be second nature visit the TI forums than this one.

I did a search for NTLDR on TI forums, and here's a thread with some helpful info about restoring NTLDR:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=142119&highlight=NTLDR

Note, in the Acronis support reply - Post #3 - when it says:
    you'll need to replace "CDDRIVE" with the Drive letter, in Acronis Boot Mode, of your CD drive containing your Windows Installation CD. Since drive letters are often different in TI Boot Mode than in Windows, you might want to jot those down 1st, by loading DD in Boot mode and locating your CD drive, then returning to this fix process.

Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.