New Zone Alarm Suite

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by dallen, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dallen

dallen Registered Member

I just wanted to let everyone know that uses the new Zone Alarm Suite, and any of the Zone Alarms that contain Anti-Virus Protection (even if you have disabled the AV function), that isafe.exe should be contained within your protected programs. Using Port Explorer, I noticed that it connects to the internet and I think it has to do with virus definition updates and email protection. I'm not sure exactly what privilages to assign to it yet; however, so far the default privilages seem to be working rather well. I'll update this thread with any future findings. I would also welcome any additional feedback that anyone has to add regarding this, or any other settings advice that may help. Thank you.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Good catch Dallen, Not being a ZA user I cannot comment but hopefully other ZA users will :)

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Dallen

Are you actually running one of the version 5.0 flavor's of zone alarm.

I use 4.5 of Zone Alarm Pro but am not ready to touch any 5.0 stuff with a 10 ft pool. Curious what your experience has been to date.

Pete

Yeah yeah I know, bit off topic.

4. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Peter2150,
    Yes, I am running The Zone Alarm Security Suite version 5.0.590.043. I had originally purchased both ZA Pro and IM Secure Pro; however, when Zone Labs changed to version 5 and MSN Instant Messenger upgraded to version 6.2 I discovered that the IM Secure Pro was essentially doing nothing. After researching the issue I decided to contact Zone Labs and the informed me that ZA 5 was not compatible with IM Secure Pro. Apparantly, they aren't actively concacting their customers to inform them of this, but they did offer me a free upgrade to the Security Suite (which contains IM Secure, but also comes with Anti-Virus protection). I thought this was fair, but I don't trust their AV software as much as Symantec's. Consequently, Zone Labs said that I could disable the AV function within the Security Suite and continue to use Norton. I've done that and everything seems to run very well. I've heard of issues involving Shareaza(file sharing program) and the new ZA, but some people in the Shareaza forum community say those issues have been solved with the latest release. Personally, I haven't ran Shareaza's new version in tandem with the new ZA, yet.
    If you don't mind my asking, why are you avoiding the new version of ZA?
    Actually, don't worry about it. This may prove helpful to me.

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Yep, A bit off topic :)
    Please feel free to start a new thread in the frewall forum regarding the Pro's & Con's of the new Zone Alarm versions.

Thanks. Pilli

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Dallen

See Private Message

7. dallen

dallen Registered Member

Sorry...I forgot that there was a firewall forum.

8. cezar

cezar Guest

Hi Dallen !

I run zone alarm 4.5.594.000 Pro with norton antivirus 2004 not thé pro version and a proxy software it make all my online use anonymous. I don`t no if i want to renue my zone alarm pro subscribstion when it run out.

What do you think about what dallen ?

Kind regards
    Cezar

9. dallen

dallen Registered Member

cezar,
    I must admit, I don't know much about the proxy thing. However, regarding your decision not to renew your subscription, that is totally up to you. I will be using Zone Alarm Security Suite for the next year and a half at least because I purchased the 2-year subscription and Zone Labs was kind enough to upgrade me to the Suite from Zone Alarm Pro and IM Secure Pro when they discovered a compatability issue. In my opinion, you should either stick with ZA or go with Norton's Internet Securiy as a software firewall. Take my opinion for what it's worth. I was recently informed that there is a firewall section to this forum, so we should move our discussion there if you want to continue, or feel free to Private Messenge me if you like. Good luck!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.