New with Paragon backup

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by ameneses54, Oct 8, 2015.

1. ameneses54

ameneses54 Registered Member

I've used quite a lot of programs for imaging like Acronis, Easus, Macrium and all of them refer to the backup result or process as imaging and the result is an image. With Paragon backup it's backup to virtual disk and the result is a folder which multiple files with incremental numbers. All other programs create one "image file" and now I get multiple. My posting really is to ask if what Paragon backup does is the same as the imaging with the other programs. Is a disk image the same as a virtual backup?
    I'd appreciate some enlightening.

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Paragon creates images, as other programs do. It´s not possible to create a single-file image, you always get at least 3 files, more if you split the image (not necessary). By default, Paragon creates the image using the PVHD format, but it´s possible to use another formats which supposedly are useful in virtual operations. All the images are "virtual disks".

3. ameneses54

ameneses54 Registered Member

Thank you for your reply.
    To restore, I suppose you need all the files that were created---right?

4. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Yes. If you need to select the image manually, you select the .PFI file. The program manages the rest automatically.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.