New Voices

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by trebla, Nov 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trebla

trebla Registered Member

I have downloaded and installed the required speech engines etc.I get speech OK in TDS but only have one voice 'Microsoft Sam' I downloaded Truevoice also and Microsoft Mary and British English Speech Synthesis Engine installed them but they don't appear to be working.In Control Panel I have only the one voice 'Sam'. Do I need SAP5 as it's a fairly hefty download at about 70 meg.
    Ta!
    o_O

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, i ever downloaded the full SAPI4 engine (around 40MB) which has about 20 voices. But mind you: in reality it is for instance Mary in a hallway, Mary in a stadion, Mary in a room, Mary on the phone etc which count for as so many voices.
    Googling around for TTS engines and voices found several rare voices extra, so i have about 57 now.
    The speech technology is part of the msagents which work best with SAPI4.
    I'm not 100% sure at this moment ........ looking at my XP system, which comes standard with SAPI5 --this is not an upgrade for SAPI4 but a very different technology! and the two can coexist on a system but not work together at the same time-- and Sam as the standard voice with XP and the msagents.
    Looking at my configuration for speech now, i see i did install the SAPI4 elements from the msagent page, www.microsoft.com/msagent including the SAPI4 control panel at the bottom, and several languages TTS engines.
    If you do so and look in the SAPI4 control panel there are several voices, for spanish etc.
    Also look at the third party pages, you might find more voices there. They all work with SAPI4.

EDIT:
    For instance free download here:
    www.vioio.com/voices.htm but i think those are the same voices from the various TTS engines at the msagent page.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.