New version

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Antarctica, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Thank you to the whole Eset team for the very nice job with
    V2.0

I had been running the beta version for over a month now without
    any problems, no conflict, nothing.

Good job :) :)

2. jan

jan Former Eset Moderator

Hi Antarctica,

thanks goes to all people in Eset and around. :) This help us to work with joy. :D There are still many things to do.

Thanks and enjoy! :)

jan

3. Madsen DK

Madsen DK Registered Member

Here we Go :cool:
    All green from here so far.
    Regards
    Ole

4. No problems at all.. Runs great with Trojan Hunter... So conflicts... :D Great Email monitor too..

Does anyone know how the archives and unpackers compare with KAV or McAfee? I would really appreciate an answer...

5. navalair

navalair Registered Member

I DL'd the Installation Guide for ver. 2 and have the Ver. 2 zip on my desktop, so I am ready to get on with the installation. One quick question: does the advice in the first sentence of the IG, i.e., "it is recommended that you uninstall another antivirus system you may have on your computer" apply to my existing NOD32 ver. 1? The operative word "another" is pretty clear, but I wanted to be sure ver. 2 will install over ver. 1 before proceeding. Thanks for any guidance.

6. Sonic

Sonic Registered Member

New version installs over v.1

No need to uninstall v.1

7. navalair

navalair Registered Member

Thanks for your confirmation that "over ver. 1" works just fine, Sonic, I appreciate it. After I raised the question here, I noticed it had been asked and answered in other posts, another one of those times I should have looked around a little.

I installed over ver. 1 and all is well, with the exception of one nitpicking disappointment. I frequently check "Performance" readings in Task Manager (WindowsXPHE), and before updating NOD32 to ver. 2, my PC's "Available Memory" and PF ("Page File Usage") were averaging, respectively, 843600k (1047840k/1MB Rambus total), and 82MB.
    After NOD32, ver. 2 install, the average available memory hovers around 824700k, and the PF Usage increased to 102MB. So, I took a noticeable, albeit negligible, memory and PF hit with the installation of ver. 2. I did say it was "nitpicking," right? When I consider what was added with ver. 2, I'm actually surprised (and pleased) that it wasn't worse.

8. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

You might be able to squeeze it down a bit if you disable the "fancy" graphics in the NOD32 Control Center.

NOD32 System Tools -> NOD32 System Setup -> Setup -> [ ] Enable window graphics mode

Personally, I like the graphics, so I'm leaving it. ;)

Regards,
    Anders

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.