New version of Trustport Workstation

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DGeorge, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DGeorge

DGeorge Registered Member

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i am curious to see how they integrated drweb, i wonder if it is just on-demand only for this engine.

i really dont want to try it as i dont quite like the software, its a bit too heavy for my liking,

however, if someone who uses the software could maybe post some info, id appreciate it :)

3. DGeorge

DGeorge Registered Member

You can configure each engine to be used with the on-demand scanner, on-access scanner or internet scanner. So you can use 1-5 engines for each scanner.
    The program is obviously heavy but it is snappier than before. Now if you initiate a scan, it starts right away. Before there would be a looong delay.

Its definitely an improvement and is worth keeping an eye on.

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

It doesn't support Vista:thumbd:

5. Joe_Jones

Joe_Jones Registered Member

Actually it does support Vista, only the the firewall isn't fully Vista compatible.
    But in Vista in TrustPort Workstation - (English trial version).
    You can use: TrustPort Antivirus, TrustPort Archive Encryption, TrustPort Data Shredder, TrustPort eSign and TrustPort Disk Protection.

I do like eSign and Disk protection etc. also cleaning temp files with the shredder removes a lot of junk on temp files that others don't .

so give it a try BigC, it runs quite well on my 5 year old pc.
    and even if a complete scan takes longer, it does find 16000 viruses more in the latest av-comparatives then NOD32 does.

Although i never understand how a tester like that can have, that many more samples then all the big AV companies that have whole teams working to find and analyze malware, aand are using tools on all their customers machines to find even more malware.
    and have samples send to them whole day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.