New version of SSM free available...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by argus tuft, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. argus tuft

argus tuft Registered Member

from this page.

I think it also is compatible with SP3, but there is no mention of this in the notes. :)

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Running it on XP SP3 and no issues till now. Thanks for the heads up!

3. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

From their forums, there was probs with the SP3-RC, but nothing since SP3-Final. I'll read up some more, this may be what I was looking for. :thumb: Thanx for the heads-up.

4. Zimzi

Zimzi Registered Member

What's the difference between free and paid version?

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

See the table at the bottom of THAT web page.

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Well i miss good ole SSM, at the start and throughout it's development i felt fairly confident i wouldn't be turning attention to anything else like it, then came EQS. Now it's suddenly in Limbo, at least untill (IF) any word of a final release comes out, so i go to ProSecurity and just like from day number one when i first tried it, i liked it, but just like then, it still finds issues running right on my setup, so guess what?

Back with EQS 4 Beta again. And the Saga continues............:blink:

7. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

I actually did have an issue with this version too. I had trainned it, locked it, all fine. Then after a reboot, i wanted to open the preferences. I right click on the tray icon, click Preferences and i get a message saying that SSM needs to terminate itself, which it did quite successfully. :blink:

Well, i uninstalled it. I think that simply they don't care much about the free version anymore, so it's becoming obsolete day after day. Fortunately, nowdays we have many alternatives.

8. solcroft

solcroft Registered Member

Thanks for the heads-up. I've actually been running around "naked" with nothing more than an antivirus after uninstalling ThreatFire... looks like it might be time to go back to trusty ol' SSM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.