new version of PG

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by donsan, Mar 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donsan

donsan Registered Member

if you have block all new files from running in program checksum will programs like bo clean in which i have set to auto update be blocked from updating or would just be better to do a manuel update.

2. rodsoto

rodsoto Registered Member

If you allowed BoClean to permanently execute, it will continue to execute even if you have 'Block new programs from executing' enabled. This is only for new processes that aren't in the list yet.

3. nick s

nick s Registered Member

I checked by installing an old update from 3/3/04 and then enabling "Block all new...". When I checked for an update from the BOClean GUI, PG's logs showed:

28 Mar 20:55:33 - [EXECUTION] c:\documents and settings\nicholas\desktop\411upd.exe with commandline "c:\documents and settings\nicholas\desktop\411upd.exe" was ALLOWED to run
    28 Mar 20:56:01 - Block new and changed applications from running has been enabled
    28 Mar 20:56:11 - [EXECUTION] c:\progra~1\nsclean\boclean\boc4upd.exe with commandline c:\progra~1\nsclean\boclean\boc4upd.exe was ALLOWED to run
    28 Mar 20:56:29 - [EXECUTION] c:\docume~1\nicholas\locals~1\temp\update.exe with commandline c:\docume~1\nicholas\locals~1\temp\update.exe was BLOCKED from running

I believe updating via the GUI or automatically will fail because update.exe's MD5 will change with every update, making it a "new" file.

Nick

4. donsan

donsan Registered Member

just answered my own question bo clean would not auto update with block checksum files from runnung enabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.